NEX-LABS Incubation Vouchers Jordan
NEX-LABS Incubation Voucher is an instrument to support entrepreneurs in Water Energy Food Nexus sector to validate and upscale their businesses model and technology in the market, and to provide space for new promising businesses addressing NEXUS challenges.
About the Voucher and what covers:
These vouchers are mainly directed at acquiring startups incubation space and providing them with other related added-value activities associated with NDOLLs, such as:
- Co-working space/facilities
- Dedicated offices
- Legal support
- Educational training programs
What this Voucher will not cover:
- Product/service design
- Advisory and consulting services
Entrepreneurs/SMEs in Jordan (eligible territories) or Lebanon with different cultural backgrounds, educational levels providing products/services in Water Energy Food sectors, seeking to be incubated in order to improve their success and growth potential.
The applications will be opened until 30th September 2023 terminated upon successfully awarding all available vouchers. The vouchers will be awarded competitively.
- The applicant must be in an eligible area (Jordan: Irbid, Al-Balga, Madaba, Al-Karak, Al-Trafilah, Al-Aqaba)
- The online application is properly and sufficiently filled-in
- A startup, or future startup nearing registration, representing a credible business with an added-value product/service
- The product/service of this startup are either in the market or close to market launch
- Products/services of this startup represent added-value, is in the fields of water, energy or food, and exhibits a NEXUS approach
- The operations of the startup address an important economic, environmental, or social need, and incubation will have a measurable impact of the business
NEX-LABS targeted territories, characterized by water scarcity/irregular rainfall/population distribution, reflect agriculture as largest user of water (70-90%) while future global warming projections (≈2ºC) involve summer precipitation (-10/-30%) threatening water availability (-2/-15%) and agricultural productivity (-12/-40%). The latent conflict between energy efficiency (≈60%) and water production is also increasing energy footprint/m 3 of water used to produce food. The predicted future shortfalls in Water/Energy/Food (WEF) requires a NEXUS approach.
In this context, NEX-LABS aims to support the implementation of clean technologies for sustainable and resilient increase of agri-food sector production based on a more efficient use of energy (renewable/solar solutions) and water (wastewater treatment, water harvesting or reuse solutions) in MPC region thanks to the contributions of ICT such as blockchain technology, Internet of the Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Big Data.
NEX-LABS will contribute to the creation of a sustainable and resilient agro food sector based on NEXUS driven Open Living Labs (NDOLL) approach, thus strengthening technology transfer, cooperation industry-academia, increasing commercialization opportunities and innovation-driven growth.
For more information visit the project website.